To get a tiny picture of my disastrous life, here are this morning’s events UNTIL 9 am (the day hasn’t even STARTED yet).
- Youngest yells at 5.30 am: ‘I go poo!’ And keeps repeating this, till EVERYONE is awake. Good morning…
- Daughter C. turns down her (yesterday TOGETHER selected) outfit and bursts out in anger because she is not allowed to wear her summer dress (it is freezing outside)
- There is a second tantrum when it turns out daughter C. left her horsewhip at the stables and I don’t want to go and get it THIS MINUTE
- We are out of Nutella. Three angry faces. Actually two, because C. is having a time-out in the hallway
- Out of sheer frustration because of another (totally not peaceful) morning, I knock over K.’s glass of lemonade with my angry movements. Over K.’s sandwich, the chair, the table and…all drawings of daughter L. MAJOR disaster
- Arrived at the library (with finally calmed down kids), it turns out I forgot our previously borrowed books. Which doesn’t matter anyway, because the library is still closed…
It is 9.15 am. I am going CRAZY.